God From Below

By Sharon (jcarroll@telplus.net)

Fei walks slowly through the dark and dense halls of Bart’s lair slowly, the rattle of elevators and squeaking machines run through his ears as he shakes his head trying to erase them from his mind. Fei stops...suddenly and sharp, a noise, a calling, something from inside the walls he almost thinks, no, impossible... He walks on through the halls again... waiting for the cry again, three hallways and no more cries, was it his mind? He does not know or care any more, he must continue to look for Bart, Fei begins to jog rather then walk to the next hall to see Bart crawling toward him, blood surrounds his body as he uses his hands to move his body forward, a knife sticks out of his bloody back, blood everywhere around him and no hope for Bart... Fei stumbles back and steps into a puddle of blood...then falls onto the ground shrieking, Bart looks up at him through his one eye and suddenly drops.. Fei breaths in and out quick and jumps to his feet, pant leg soaked in blood and runs back to where he heard the cry. It must have been him. Fei thought. the cry it must have been Bart....who did this, oh my god.. Fei continues to run until he finds a room labelled "Dining" he opens the door just barely, his hand slipping over the knob, until he realises the doorknob is covered in blood...He opens the door to see a lake of blood, the room flooded in blood and now racing out at him, if engulfs him like a title wave at the beach. And slowly he remembers days gone bye...days where he still lived in his old town, before the incident with the gears, he remembers Alice and Timothy and finally Dan... Dan screaming "MURDERER!!...I WANT MY SISTER BACK!!" and then Fei remembers, remembers further back... What Alice had said... "If only I had known you longer..when we were younger..."  And then he realises what she was going to say only then... He wishes he had known her longer too...He knows somehow if he had known her from the day he was born like she knew Timothy, this would not have happened, she would be alive, Dan would still think of him as a big brother...and he would have lived happily ever after...they would have lived happily ever after... The next thing Fei knew he was in his cabin at Bart’s lair with a stream of urine leaking out from the bed and all over his pants... He didn’t sleep again that night...He just thought about how he wished he had been born in his old town...how he wished Alice was still alive...that night brought only two things, tears and a little bit of understanding...